We are committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of energetic people who live our core values. We take pride in working for a company that has a clear mission and provides clear benefit to both clients and employees. We offer:
OUR MISSION. Portland Houseworks strives to annually construct 15 to 30 aesthetically unique, ammenity rich single family homes while delivering affordability and unparalleled attention to detail.
WE VALUE simplicity, discipline, integrity, and diligence.
* Exceptional communication, adaptive to diverse relational situations
* Creation of complete and thorough scopes of work for each trade (subcontractors and materials suppliers) on each project
* Minimize Change Order impact
* Work closely with Senior Project Manager and Client to grasp design goals, price project accordingly, create budgets, communicate budgets to Client, achieve budget approval and execute contract with Client
* Work with designers to ensure that all design decisions are made and communicated to superintendent, appropriate subcontractors and suppliers for pricing and execution in the field
* Solicit competitive pricing bids from subcontractors and suppliers, and award contracts to most qualified bidders
* Budget management–award contracts that fit within project budgets
* To expedite the bidding process for each project, spearhead the creation and implementation of a subcontractor and supplier scope of work library for all trades and materials found on a typical residential project
* Assist Senior Project Manager with budget preparation for bank financing and monthly bank draws
* Act as liaison between the Client, Senior Project Manager, and Superintendent to ensure that Client’s intentions are communicated and fulfilled in the field
* Assist Senior Project Manager in working with Client, subcontractor and suppliers to ensure that Client’s vision is achieved within established budget
* Work closely with project Superintendent to communicate the selected design themes, design elements, materials, subcontractors, and scopes of work for each project, for execution in the field
* Create Microsoft project schedules and manage schedules in conjunction with Superintendent
* Manage Superintendent, ensure project is progressing on schedule
* Work with Senior Project Manager and Bookkeeper to prepare required bank documentation (budgets, project specs, drawings, company financials, etc.) necessary to procure financing
* Review vendor bills prior to their payment to ensure they are consistent with proposal and agreed upon scopes of work
* Assist Senior Project Manager with Client communication, Client expectations, project cost impacts, bank draws, etc.
* Assist Senior Project Manager and Bookkeeper in preparation of monthly invoices to Clients and/or preparation of monthly bank draws
* Facilitate and manage permitting
* Work with Superintendent to establish and address all punch list items
* Manage one-year-warranty work on all completed homes
* Assist Senior Project Manager with preparation of budget pro-formas and due diligence research on prospective projects
* Change order management
* Establish and manage Change Order log to document all project cost impacts to budget. Achieve client approval on all change orders
* Work with Superintendent to ensure job site meets OSHA, DEQ and CCB standards for safety, air quality, remediation, etc.
* Work with Superintendent to communicate with jurisdictions and governing agencies to ensure that all aspect of projects are compliant with code, necessary inspections and misc. regulations
* Establish and manage RFI (Request For Information) log to document all significant questions and answers
*Willingness to learn some technical aspects of the project
*Ability to report plan, schedule and cost to upper management
*Ability to create and manage project execution plan
*Understanding of changes in scope, schedule and cost
*Aware of preventative actions and contingent actions
*General problem analysis, problem solving and decision making
*Confidence in leading meetings with stakeholders
*Responding to concerns in a timely manner
*Engaging leader of the project team
We’re growing rapidly and it is very likely if you are successful in this position you will be given opportunities for promotion and advancement. We offer paid training and ongoing personal development.