Regular, full-time, non-union employees are eligible to participate in the Twining Laboratories Group Benefit Plans. We offer:
Union employees participate in the benefit plans provided by the Operating Engineers Local 12. More information regarding union benefits and eligibility can be obtained from the Operating Engineers Trust.
Candidate will be responsible for estimating and sales of professional services to construction industry. Candidate must be self-starting, detail-oriented and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under the supervision of the Senior Operations Manager. A positive attitude and passion for making business connections must be demonstrated.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Daily review of construction opportunities;
• Identification of proposal opportunities;
• Collect leads and coordinate follow up with potential clients;
• Speak knowledgably about company services and brand;
• Learn and understand current client base for new technical service lines;
• Read, understand and interpret construction drawings;
• Develop estimates based on construction drawings preparation, code requirements;
• Meet with and Follow with clients;
• Read plans and specifications;
• Read, understand and interpret variables in code/city requirements;
• Track upcoming project pursuits;
• Assess project requirements, time, labor, and material costs;
• Collaborate with contractors and engineers, and during estimate creation to ensure overall accuracy;
• Act as the final say in the calculation, analysis, and adjustment of estimates;
• Present estimates to clients in a timely manner;
• Recommend cost-reduction options.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, marketing, English, communications, journalism, engineering; or related field or minimum of 2 years relevant experience in estimating in a construction or engineering company;
• Experience with Highway, paving, public works, rail, airport or transportation construction markets;
• Strong analytical, math and people skills;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Strong written communication skills;
• Curiosity and interest in learning;
• Computer Skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel;
• Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time;
• Experience working in the Engineering/Construction industry; familiarity with market, agencies and companies;
• Understanding of project drawing and specifications;
• Understanding of construction code/city requirements.